Hi, I'm Lauren :) I am a BBC (British Born Chinese) This blog is all about how Chinese people get on and what they do in their free time.. Karaoke or mahjong. Enjoy x

Wednesday 24 August 2011

How to celebrate birthdays Chinese style



Here is how Chinese people like to celebrate their birthdays, freshly cooked meals served on the table, with bowls of rice and chopsticks for everyone to start digging in. Because I am a very fussy eater I decided to have noodles instead as we always have rice for dinner. This meal was made by my Grandparents to celebrate my Mum and Aunties birthday because they're turning old ;) Before we all start to eat we have to sing happy birthday in Chinese :) and then we all dig in.


This cake is cool, but for some reason Chinese people prefer getting their cakes from China Town and getting a green sponge cake covered with a load of cream and fruits covered all over the top of the cake. Or some people just prefer getting Pandan cake, which is a green sponge cake that is very sweet. I remember my Mum got me that for my 10th Birthday. After cake the elderly put karaoke on and sing all night with the volume up very loud. Yay! It's very embarrassing.(n)
 
Being Chinese ^.^ xx

No comments:

Post a Comment